Sunday, October 26, 2014

I'm Busy, Okay?!?

So I haven't posted in a while and a lot has happened (thankfully, I suppose).

I quit my job, I got a new job, I started an On-Camera class, I got an audition, I got a callback and, lastly, I got a role.

Those all spell "busy" for me and thus the lack of posting.

Getting the role of Amy March at my first Chicago audition for Little Women at 20% Theater was a kick in the pants. The good kind. Besides the mere fact that I got the role, the audition and callback experience was a great one! At my audition I actually felt connected to my monologue and that I had done an honest performance that I had been present in.

That never happens at auditions for me!! So that, in itself, was great!

The callback was a little more nerve wracking, but I had a great time getting to know some of my peers and really having fun with some cold readings (a task I haven't done for a while now).

Rehearsals start this week and I am so excited to get started, especially since we only have a month until we open! Welcome to the Big Time!

Oh and that whole name thing I was thinking about last you heard from me...it was a great asset to my audition and callback. Not only did in spur on discussion with the director during my audition ("where does your name come from?" etc), but also at the callbacks she remembered my name and me as opposed to everyone else who she had to have restate their names. So hey, whether weird or not, "Bellisant" is fucking memorable!

I will try to update more as the play begins and even talk about the world of On-Camera acting. However, as we have been working on commercials for the last 5 weeks there is not much to mention besides the need for your chin to be down and for you to be positive.

So that's my nut-shell and me. More soon! I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment