Monday, March 9, 2015

Into The Land of Student Films...

So I recently got a subscription to ActorsAccess and am submitting left and right for student films. I auditioned for one role and then on Friday a director from a different student film that I had submitted for contacted me. He asked to see my reel (I only have a very homespun video right now of my final from On-Camera acting class). After having viewed it, he cast me in his film sans audition and we filmed most of Sunday!

It was great to finally be working again (and to continue doing so since we still have to finish the film). The timing was odd on Friday, because while this director was gambling on me after being impressed by my video, I received 2 other emails from productions I had auditioned for telling me they did not share his belief. I definitely had to ward off those voices that said "I could only be cast if I didn't have competition or an audition".

So I said "Fuck off" to those voices.

I was so happy to just have another Chicago credit to add to my resume and I was lucky enough that the script was good. I can't wait to continue shooting "The St. Patrick's Day Massacre" and I will update you all when it's done and viewable!

 I think we all needed a bit of good news, don't you?

-B

P.S. I figured out my type regardless of the project. It's Irish. Who'd a thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment